Posted by carinoverturf
We’re happy to announce the second Mozscape index for the month of March is now live! Data has been refreshed across all SEOmoz applications – Open Site Explorer, the Mozbar, PRO campaigns, and the Mozscape API.
I know you’re all thinking – but wait, you just launched an index last week?! This was one of our fastest indexes to finish processing – taking only 11 days! But processing overlapped slightly for this index and our previous March index. However, the good news is that it just means lots of fresh data for you!
As you can see from the crawl histogram, a large volume of the data in this index was crawled in the beginning of March and the oldest data dating back to about the first week of February.
Here are the metrics for this latest index:
- 81,359,307,805 (81 billion) URLs
- 12,256,956,717 (12.2 billion) Subdomains
- 149,419,721 (149 million) Root Domains
- 774,927,201,776 (775 billion) Links
Followed vs. Nofollowed
- 2.18% of all links found were nofollowed
- 54.51% of nofollowed links are internal
- 45.49% are external
- Rel Canonical – 15.80% of all pages now employ a rel=canonical tag
The average page has 75 links on it
- 64.04 internal links on average
- 11.03 external links on average
And the following correlations with Google’s US search results:
- Page Authority – 0.35
- Domain Authority – 0.19
- MozRank – 0.24
- Linking Root Domains – 0.30
- Total Links – 0.25
- External Links – 0.29
We always love to hear your thoughts! And remember, if you’re ever curious about when Mozscape next updates, you can check the calendar here. We also maintain a list of previous index updates with metrics here.
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don’t have time to hunt down but want to read!